Yes, it is official... I am hot! (temperature wise that is ;) Even though I've been out of school for some years now, I still feel like summer starts when schools get out. Well today was the first day of summer vacation for schools around here and what better day than today to have some summer temperatures! However, what came with that 80 degree weather was wind, rain, rumbles of thunder, and a tornado warning. It was the end of nap time and we got the message that we were under a tornado warning so we quickly woke our kids up and pushed them out of the classroom into the coatroom. They were surprisingly not too worried about the "tomato" (to quote one of my girls). We sat there at most for about 10 min. before getting the all clear. Then it was sunny skyand warm temps. again for the rest of the day.
I did get to enjoy some of that weather that evening with Tristyn and Peyton. I love babysitting them! We had such a great time playing outside on the scooters, playing "Mr. Fox" and going for a walk. There's nothing like walking hand in hand with my two favorite boys. And of course it always does my heart good to hear "We are friends forever" and "I'm gonna marry you K-K". Oh they are growing up to fast so I really need to enjoy these moments!
Next week is the start of Maranatha for me. I'm already feeling myself stressing already. So my goal is to do my best and when I get a break from work, I'm going to enjoy myself and not let me think about work whatsoever! Oh I hope it works...
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Summer is finally here!
Posted by Karyn at 12:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks again for babysitting--the boys always love to have you come!! And we enjoy the break too!!
It has been beautiful hasn't it?? GOtta love the storms too though-at least there is a balance...
Thanks for the prayers, Karyn! I really appreciate it. And I'm glad it was encouraging to you. Hope you are doing well :)
Post a Comment